EAO CERTIFICATION EXAM IN IMPLANT-BASED THERAPY
THE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
JOIN THE EXCLUSIVE CLUB OF EAO-CERTIFIED DENTISTS!
The EAO’s Certification Exam in Implant-based Therapy has been developed to raise standards of oral implant-based therapy across Europe. Obtaining the certificate is a prestigious achievement that demonstrates the holder is competent to perform basic and advanced implant treatments. Certification is open to any dentist or maxillofacial surgeon worldwide.
Completing the certification programme is an achievable goal for anyone who is suitably qualified. The EAO Certification in Implant Dentistry is the only Europe-wide standardised assessment of skills and expertise within the field of implant-based therapy. It supports the EAO’s core aim of improving standards of education, clinical practice and patient care in implant-based therapy. Certification provides a way of recognising the skills and expertise of dentists practising in this field.
Certification from the EAO demonstrates to your patients and colleagues that you are committed to providing high-quality implant treatments.
Registration and examination fee – payable at time of submission
(main credit cards and direct debit payment via IBAN for EU countries accepted)
Not yet a member? Join us here
The Certification Programme is open to any dentist or maxillofacial surgeon worldwide, providing they fulfill the other requirements. Candidates do not need to be members of the EAO.
The candidate shall hold an academic degree from an accredited dental school recognised by the ministry of health and the government of their own country.
THEORETICAL & CLINICAL TRAINING
The candidate shall be able to demonstrate 250 hours of theoretical (60%) and clinical (40%) training.
The candidate shall have at least five years of experience in dentistry (earliest application five years after attaining dental degree).
The candidate shall present six different treated cases.
OVERVIEW OF THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS & CHECKLIST
Step 1 – Online application
- Prepare your six case studies, including supporting pictures
- When you are sure that your cases are ready, register on the EAO dedicated platform
- Upload a CV with signatures from two supervisors (only for those who work in a university environment)
- Upload evidence of appropriate training (including 250 hours experience gained in the field of implantology)
- Upload a signed statement confirming that you were in charge of the surgical/prosthetic treatment for the 6 cases presented (contact the EAO Office for a template letter)
- Complete one PDF for each case study and prepare supporting images/radiographs in PDF format (template)
- Upload the completed PDF + supporting images for each of the 6 cases
- At the end of your application, please proceed to pay the application fee of 950 EUR
- Finalise your online application before the deadline July 17th 2023
Your documents will be assessed by the EAO Certification Committee, and providing your case studies and supporting documents meet the criteria for certification, you will be invited to sit a multiple choice examination and take part in an oral examination at the EAO Annual Congress. Detailed information will be available to all successful applicants.
Step 2 – Prepare for written and oral examination at the EAO Annual Congress
- Familiarise yourself with the body of knowledge that underpins the multiple choice examination
- Review your case studies in preparation for the oral examination
Step 3 – Written and oral examination
- Multiple choice examination
- Presentation of your case studies in front of a jury at the EAO Annual Congress
If your application is successful and meets the criteria to obtain the certification (valid for 10 years), you will be awarded with the EAO Certification Exam in Implant based therapy!
(diplomas will be handed out during the Awards Ceremony at the Annual Congress)